Thanks to your generous support, we have been producing and performing in a wide variety of projects. FMT also received a grant from the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs, a big step in the funding process. Here is a short rundown of this year’s events:
- Our interactive installation for the Museum of Modern Art 2007 Family Festival kicked off a great year. We will return for the fourth year in row at the MoMA on February 2, 2008.
- At EyeWash we presented over 40 artists working in live-mix video, audio, and dance collaboration over the course of the year. The series has been running strong since March of 2003 and is beacon to the video performance community.
- FMT was a major sponsor of the vBrooklyn Video Festival. This three-day event featured screenings, audiovisual performances, and presentations of technology and Brooklyn history at Polytech University’s Interactive Digital Media Institute.
- Major FMT performances include a live VJ mix at Carnigie Hall for CBS: Up Front, onstage visuals for Warner Brothers recording artist TI for the MySpace concert series, and Ben Neill with Mimi Goese at the 40 hour non-stop music festival Serralves Em Festa in Porto, Portugal.
- Closer to home, we provided live concert visuals for: Animal Collective at South Street Seaport for the River to River Festival launch, Paige McConnel (of Phish) who released his first solo album, and choreographer Faith Pilger for The Stages of Burning at the Puffin Room.
- FMT also provided visuals for the feature-length film Day Zero starring Elijah Wood, which premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival.
With all the exciting things happening at Forward Motion Theater this year, we could not do it without you! We need your support. Projects planned for 2008 include the EyeWash 3 DVD, the launch of a new visual music network on JOOST, and our EyeWash Spring Season at Monkeytown.
Please support by returning a tax-deductible contribution made payable to Forward Motion Theater, Inc. Or visit our website and purchase the first two EyeWash DVDs and/or the HCR:Antarctica. All proceeds go to further FMT’s non-profit activities.
Thank you, and have a wonderful New Year. We’re looking forward to an amazing 2008!
Eric Dunlap and Holly Daggers