Open call to submit applications for ReVision
ReVision is a monthly series presented by Forward Motion Theater, where live media and digital art are integral to the performing arts. This series features independent works by artists incorporating live mix video, film, dance, spoken word, puppetry, music, acting, poetry, costume, all areas of performing and creative arts. The possibilities are endless. The focus is both live performance and multidisciplinary. ReVision began in 2010 with sold out performances. We invite you to participate in our third season for 2012.
ReVision takes place at The Secret Theatre 44-02 23rd St, in the Long Island City Arts Building, LIC, Queens. Performances are at 8pm with a pre-show at 7:30pm. Tech is during the afternoon.
We are booking the following dates for 2012:
Thursday, April 19
Thursday, May 17 (as part of LIC Arts Open)
Wednesday, June 6
1. Email or to email@example.com
2. Project must include the pre-requisites listed below.
3. Your proposal need not be a novel, it is your project, therefore you know how much of a written description is necessary. We will ask for more information if needed.
4. Select your preferred date. Please include more than one choice if possible.
5. Please include a work sample of either the proposed project if possible or any other work sample that best represents you. Works samples can internet links. Email if you would like to send you sample via snail mail.
6. There is a non-refundable $15 application fee, which must be included with proposal. (Checks can be made out Forward Motion Theater earmarked ReVision and your artist/company name) or submitted on line at: www.forwardmotiontheater.org If selected, you will receive a professional quality hard copy of your performance, an online credited posting, and a small stipend.
7. Please include your contact information. We cannot book you if we cannot get in touch with you.
1. Length of piece: 10 minutes maximum, you may add several pieces together to fill the slot. It is perfectly acceptable to be under the 10-minute marker.
2. Piece(s) presented must incorporate at least one element of live performance.
Some important details:
1. The stage is 20 feet wide by 16 feet deep. Marley floor.
2. There are no wings.
3. One video projector is available for use.
Feel free to contact us with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org