ReVision is a monthly series presented by Forward Motion Theater, where live media and digital art are integral to the performing arts. This series features independent works by artists incorporating live mix video, film, dance, spoken word, puppetry, music, acting, poetry, costume, all areas of performing and creative arts. The possibilities are endless. The focus is both live performance and multidisciplinary. ReVision began in 2010 with sold out performances. We invite you to participate in our second season for 2011.
ReVision takes place at The Tank in Manhattan’s theater district located on 45th Street between 8th Avenue and 9th Avenue. Performances are two nights (Friday and Saturday) at 8pm with a pre-show at 7:30pm. Tech is Friday afternoon.
We are booking the following dates for 2011:
1. Email or snail mail your proposed project to Forward Motion Theater 43-01 21st Street, Long Island City, Queens 11101, attention Project Manager or email@example.com
2. Project must include the pre-requisites listed below.
3. Your proposal need not be a novel, it is your project, therefore you know how much of a written description is necessary. We will ask for more information if needed.
4. Select the month. Please include more than one choice if possible.
5. Please include a work sample of either the proposed project if possible or any other work sample that best represents you. If sending via snail mail, please include a SASE if you wish any materials to be returned. Works samples can be hard copies or internet links. We have the technology to view online.
6. There is a non-refundable $15 application fee, which must be included with proposal. Payable by Check, PayPal, or Google Checkout. (Checks can be made out Forward Motion Theater earmarked ReVision and your artist/company name). If selected, you will receive a professional quality hard copy of your performance, an online credited posting, and a small stipend.
7. Please include your contact information. We cannot book you if we cannot get in touch with you.
1. Length of piece: 10 minutes maximum, you may add several pieces together to fill the slot. It is perfectly acceptable to be under the 10-minute marker.
2. Piece(s) presented must incorporate at least one element of live performance.
3. You must be able to commit to both Friday and Saturday performances.
Some important details:
1. The stage is 25 feet wide by 20 feet deep. Marley floor.
2. There are no wings, but there is a skinny crossover.
Feel free to contact us with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pay your application fee directly using Paypal, Google Checkout, or by check.
*Note: please select “application fee” in shipping options when checking out*